Saturday, October 1, 2011

Going to Europe with Tony Horton, the Master of Fitness

At the beginning of 2011, I was debating when I should super size my pants.  I was knocking on the size 42 door. Being middle aged, with a great wife and 3 active kids (and all that goes with that), I figured that a few minutes a day on an elliptical machine and trying to eat the right foods would do the trick and keep me from blowin' out of the seat of my pants.  This is just the way it is. 


I visited a good friend in LA, who suggested we work out at his gym.  After a few minutes, it was obvious that it was going to be a short one.   After about 8 push-ups and some pretend cardio, I was turning a deep scarlet.  I was a mess.  


That friend, Tony Horton, told me I should go home and dust off his workout program and do the thing*.  This started my 9 month journey with P90X.  I did the program everyday for the first 90 days and lost 35 pounds.  


It also did something else. It lit a spark. A spark that got me thinking about limits and longevity (I will  return to these subjects in future blogs). I wasn't done and continued another round of P90X and have now lost a total of 50+ pounds. Unbelievable.  As I finish round 3 of P90X, my fitness has really improved. I can now do 9 pushups!  Joke.  


A few weeks ago, Tony asked if I'd want to be part of the work out crew for his Armed Forces Entertainment Ripped and Ready Fitness Tour. Ah Yes.  So tomorrow, I am heading overseas with Tony and a few friends who you will get to know and we will be Bringing It to our troops.  As a former Navy man, I am honored to be part of this tour. 


During the tour, I will be using this blog to update everyone with text, pictures and video.  I will do my best to capture the fun and laughs that Tony plans to bring to our military overseas.  


You can also follow me on Twitter @bondofitness and Facebook: Bill Bonde for new posts.














* Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

  1. God Bless every bit of your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T. Horton here. Sitting at the airport. Boarding in about an hour. Did 25 sets of Chest, Back, Shoulders and arms right before I left for the airport. Still Buzzin! Now Shawna and I can enjoy my 12 hour flight to Heathrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a good workout to put you to sleep before a long flight....I almost fell asleep in class after Back and Biceps last week haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SAFE TRAVELS!!! THANK YOU FOR STOPPING HERE IN NAPOLI!!!!
    NAT

    ReplyDelete